At SmartSpace Software we help millions of people work smarter worldwide through our pioneering software solutions which transform businesses. We are a growing and exciting business with some fantastic opportunities, including leading your own projects.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our fast moving, cutting edge development team as a Technical Director. You will be responsible for the leadership and management of all aspects of technical operations and oversee each project’s life cycle from conception to completion, with an emphasis on technical soundness, scalability and efficiency for SaaS and cloud-based applications.
Reporting to the CTO and working directly alongside the Operations Director and Product Owners, you will drive the design and development function of the business forward to take advantage of best practice and new technologies that present themselves. Displaying creative and innovative thinking, the successful candidate will be leading a team of highly capable and motivated software developers who are capable of both delivery and implementation. Coming from a strong technical background and ideally a history of a similar position, it is important that the candidate can both challenge and inspire the technical team, whilst providing commercial insight to inform strategy. You'll need to demonstrate excellent understanding of requirements, as you'll be helping the organisation to develop its functions, services and products to meet goals with internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive the technical direction of application and infrastructure platforms to achieve business objectives
- Work closely with stakeholders to deliver scalable, high performing systems and services
- Work with the Product Owners, Architects, CTO and stakeholders to define design and technical requirements
- Own and report on the status of development projects
- Support the CTO in driving the impact of key technology factors (security, resilience, recovery, test strategy) to key stakeholders and board members
- Deliver the mechanism for teams to provide regular updates on progress and solutions
- Follow technology trends and empower teams to demonstrate innovation
- Design and define business processes and policies to transform the business into a scalable, high-performing SaaS business
- Enforce best practices, (security) policies and procedures
- Support the CTO in resourcing, hiring and team progression
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of commercial experience as a Technical Manager, Release Manager or Development Manager
- Experience managing a successful software product or SaaS applications throughout its lifecycle
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Understanding of Software Architecture
- Strong interpersonal skills supported by excellent verbal/written communication skills. Able to build good rapport, cultivate working relationship, and drive collaboration across teams
- Excellent attention to detail
- Can-do persistent attitude and willingness to explore all available options
- Ability to convey technical processes to business partners in a clear and meaningful way
Desirable, experience with:
- Deployment practices around Azure, AWS and other cloud solutions
- Data analysis / data-based decision making
- DevOps principles and best practices